So im super terrible at blogging...not that anyone reads my blog or anything.
just to update-
Summer has been going well. Both Dylan and i are working full time jobs and we both love them!
My cousin got married in june and that was fun to be a part of a HUGE wedding. I wish i would have taken pictures but of course, i forgot my camera. To get to her wedding i was actually able to fly out to Washington the week before for her Bachelorette party. It was such a blast we went to this place in Seattle called "Jazz Alley" and listened to live jazz music. What a great way to spend a bachelorette party (not drinking)! I had a ton of fun helping her get everything ready for the big day. I can't even describe how amazing her wedding was! They were able to get married at this lodge of a friends looking over an amazing valley. The scenery was amazing, not to mention the view from the seats over looking the altar. It was an all night event with dancing, a HUGE dinner and full all around. I can't wait for my wedding when i can have fun just like that...AND the best part, now i can just borrow my cousin's "supplies" for my wedding! (that is when i have one)
After the wedding was July 4th weekend of course. Lets just say that was not as great as it could of been. Dylan and i were able to spend the weekend with his family in Lava Hot Springs. It was way fun to be able to be with his family, just slightly dramatic, as any family function can be. We were able to float the river and basically spend all of our time in the water, which i LOVE! The fireworks there weren't as great as Idaho Falls' fireworks, but thats to be expected. At least we know for future reference!
Dylan's Uncle Martin was able to finally adopt a precious baby girl. She was born on June 28th, 2010. Her name is Hadlee Rachelle Sanders and she is the sweetest thing in the WHOLE entire world. I can't wait to make her headbands and buy her precious dresses. Its so exciting! (Not to mention the babysitting time i am SO prepared for)
My best friend ERIN SHIFFLER is pregnant! I cannot believe that my BEST FRIEND is having a baby! She is so amazing. They are naming him DC, which stands for something i hate, so im only revealing DC for now. :) On July 24th my Mom and I threw her a baby shower. It was so fun to get together to celebrate this wonderful miracle! We played fun games and ate so much food! Erin got a stroller from one of the party-goers! One of the things that i loved doing the most was planning everything. We played a fun game called "poopy diaper" where everyone had to guess what the melted chocolate was in the diapers, it was so fun melting the chocolate and seeing what it looked like after! Some of the candy looked just like the real thing (ewwwwwww)!
Right now Dylan and I are just hanging out for the summer. We've had a ton of fun with everything thats been going on its nice to have a break. Dylan has been working as an electrician apprentice which has been a blessing! he is loving what he is doing and makes so much more! The job is more rewarding, and he has weekends and all nights OFF! (best part in my opinion)
I also have been working full time. I work at the advising center on campus which has been fun. I know that in the long haul, this job will look good on a resume because its the field i want to be in. Im so grateful for the opportunity to even have a job in this economy. I have an opportunity to be promoted within the department, but im struggling with accepting the position or not. More to come on that later, if i accept or not.
So thats life so far this summer. I've been meaning to post a blog for a longgggg time (since i stalk so many now...) so i will make sure to keep up on it...
Maybe i shouldn't promise anything...just incase. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment