Dylan's sister Corine is a waste of air.
I really mean that.
Not only does she never learn her lesson, but she never gets that she is disrespectful and rude.
[I see the need for some explanation right about now]...
Corine has been in and out of jail for the past two years for drugs. Two years.
On Saturday, we got the call that she was back in jail, after not even two months of being released.
Something is wrong with me typing that. No one should be like that, no one.
But she is.
She has issues, and her issues effect Dylan.
Here is where my problem lay.
Every single time that she gets the "can", Dylan is the one that has to clean up her mess. Every time she screws up, Dylan is the one that has to fix everything. EVERY TIME. Now, she has been in and out of jail for TWO years now, and this happens about every two months. Thats at LEAST 12 times that he has had to clean up her mess. 12.
TWELVE TIMES, 12 FREAKING times that Dylan has been responsible for making sure her life stays together, and making sure his PARENTS look good.
[Don't worry about HIS well-being, and HIS life, HIS priorities].
Something is wrong with this, a 21-year-old should not have to be dealing with this.
Every time this happens, he gets calls from his drug addict Mom begging him to "pray for her" and "love" her. Then he gets falsified data on WHY she is in jail in the first place from his MOM, who knows the real reason and is trying to "protect" him by not telling him the truth.
This is all happening while his DAD asks him to pick up her newer-and-nicer-than-dylans-car car keys and cell phone that happens to be the SECOND phone she has because she "lost" her first one.
[side note: Dylan's Dad one day decided that Corine was going to be on Dylan's phone bill. Instead of ASKING HIM, like a normal person, he just showed up at Verizon and called Dylan to get access to get her on his plan. Then she lost her phone, so she has TWO FREAKING lines on his account for Corine. TWO phone numbers, TWO bills. That means his bill instead of being the $90 that it was when it was just him, he has his Dad, and TWO of Corine's phones on his plan which makes it around $400. Tell me that is right? Not to mention, her nicer and newer than both of our cars that she DOESN'T have to pay the car payment for. Ohh, and lets talk about how she appreciates the car and keeps it pristine. Ha, you caught that sarcasm right?]
We start making plans to pick up her sh..tuff for Sunday. Turns out, the JAIL only allows you to pick up on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. The worst part? Only between the hours of 8 and 10 am are we allowed to pick things up. Awesome. Not like Dylan works every day at 7am or anything.
So, now that Dylan has to freaking deal with one parent who asks him to love someone he doesn't, and another who asks him to do EVERYTHING for him, he has to TAKE TIME OUT OF HIS DAY to deal with this and her sh...tuff.
Fed up with all of this and feeling how FRUSTRATED Dylan was, I offer to get her things from the jail. That was, and will be, the last time I ever visit a {functional} jail in my life.
I wish I could take all of these feelings away from Dylan and make it all go away. I wish we he didn't have them as family. I wish I could tell him that everything will be alright and that his family loves him.
I wish I could say that I could. But I can't.
What I can say is this: I am more in love with this boy than I have ever been in my life. He is so strong, and has been through so much in his life. He is so willing to help everyone that at times he forgets to take care of himself. He loves his life, despite the adversities he has gone through. He never forgets to make sure I know he loves me, even if it be by silly faces and ridiculous jokes.
I can't wait to be his family. I can't wait to say:
"your family loves you"

0 comments:
Post a Comment