11.08.2012

DIY headboard for under $50


So I am going to post about our headboard. That I made. Yeah, be surprised!



So the other day I got into a painting mood and decided to paint our bedroom and create a "faux" headboard for our room. I have always wanted a headboard but have never been able to have one, so finding something that was in our budget was going to be hard.

Until I found this on Pinterest (where else? amiright?)...





And got inspired to do my own twist on things.


So here is what I did instead:


First I painted our room. Don't ask me why I chose to do all of this in one night. Im a go-getter. 






Before                                                                                                                                             After



Then I painted my boards...

I used Clark and Kensington Paint and Primer in one from Ace Hardware, as well as a smooth foam mini roller from Home Depot (I had this on hand)



And hung them on the wall with command strips. Yup thats it. 




This was the cheapest and easiest headboard I could find make.

$9.00 for a quart of paint and primer in one
$32.05 for 4 boards
Total cost with tax was : $41.05!













Side note: I ended up only using 3 of the 4 boards that I painted, so I had to have Dylan cut those down to size. Just measure your bed and see how long you need them to be! Also, I still have more than half of my quart of paint left for other projects!

Another side note: I am a terrible real time blogger. This happened like oh, two months ago. Yeah, don't judge. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Idea! I love this!
-Krystle

Post a Comment