or "Reason number 78,392,823,473,289,743 why I love the D.I."
Needless to say I was NOT happy when I got home today and saw it shredded to pieces.
So I started freaking out about how we are going to replace it (this is the second one this month...I wasn't about to go to Cable One and ask for another replacement, not even a week later).
Cue Radio Shack.
I thought for SURE Radio Shack would have a replacement, I mean come on, they are like the guru of replacing odd electronic equipment. After perusing the store, to no avail, they did not have the cord I was looking for. They did however, have some cute iPhone cases. Note taken Radio Shack.
Onto Fred Meyer.
Isn't Fred Meyer everyone else's go-to store? Well, it is mine. Since they sold routers, I figured they had got to carry some sort of cord selection. It took all the strength in my body not to go shopping, and I promptly headed to the electronics. Again, after perusing the electronics section for a while ( a good 10 minutes ), I finally ask the store clerk.
Here is our exchange:
Me: "Do you have this cord? My annoyingly obnoxious chewer of a f^$*ing dog chewed mine"
(okay I might have exaggerated that a bit)
Fred Meyer lady: "We don't. Have you tried Radio Shack?"
Me: frustratingly "I just came here from there."
Fred Meyer lady: "Well if you can't find it, I would try the cord bin at D.I."
Me: that is such a good idea "Thanks!"
OH MY GOSH, I cannot believe I didn't think of this before. Of course D.I. has a cord bin, and being me every time I pass it by a little anxiety comes up from the mess.
Onto D.I.
Of course when you go to D.I. you can't just go looking for the one thing you need. I practically RAN to the cord bin, as if the last one was being taken by the person right before me or something. I looked through the bins, and BANG there it is! The magical cord that matches mine. I was so happy, and I kept looking, as this cord wasn't the exact match, but the same voltage (which is very important according to Dylan...like I care at this point; the internet will work again). Come to find out, D.I. actually had THREE of the cords I was looking for.
Hallefreakinglujah.
Then after calming down from the MAJOR anxiety I just dealt with (tangled cords people, come on!), I actually enjoyed my D.I. trip and looked for some incredible finds.
Dylan and I decided about two weeks ago to get a real Christmas tree this year, that we cut down ourselves. The problem? The stands are WICKED expensive for our budget. So thinking I was going to have to use my faker mcfakerson tree, I almost let go of the idea of pine filling the air this holiday season. Until I spotted not only one, but four christmas tree stands at D.I.. It was destiny.
So I grabbed me up a tree stand (I won't make you look at a picture) and bought me a stand for $3.00! (Thats DOLL-HAIRS by the way)
This is why I love the D.I. You spend $5.30, and get three amazing life savers.
(like internet cords and tree stands are life savers, you know...)

0 comments:
Post a Comment