I jumped the gun a little with the "Updated house pictures..." post yesterday.
One of these things is not like the other...
1: the toilet seat is up.
2: the towel is moved closer to the shower curtain.
3: there is toilet paper on the holder (which got fixed, FINALLY)
4: there is a backsplash (WE INSTALLED THE TILE!!!!!!!!)
Okay really though, we finally got around to it!! And lets just say: I am in l♥ve
This bottom picture isn't very accurate for the color of our bathroom. Its more like the one right above. :)
I am so happy that we were able to do this on our own!
The reason it took so long: we had to get the tile cut. When we bought the tile, it was 1/2 an inch too long for our counter. 1/2 an inch. Really? And, cutting tile without a tile saw is hard. Especially baby sized tile. (they break easily)
So for the past three months I have asked Dylan to try to get it done. He works with a boy, Nate, who actually used to own a tile company.
PERFECT.
The downfall? He never had his saw put up.
DARN.
Well, when we FIRST bought the tile in APRIL, I had asked Home Depot if they cut tile. They don't, well they told me they don't.
So then I decided to ask Lowes, and they DO! Then, 6 months passed, and the tile sat. Not getting cut. I bet they were lonely for a very long time, just sitting on that shelf that was more of a permanent home for them than the bathroom.
Well, as I was writing the post yesterday, I ask Dylan very nonchalantly if he will fix the bathroom today.
HE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY!
Then he said, Nate's saw isn't set up. LAME. So I'm thinking as all of this is happening, that we can do this by ourselves, not big deal. Then, all of the sudden I remember my conversation with Lowes. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy one step closer!
[after arguing for 10 minutes that Lowes doesn't cut tile]
So, we head to Lowes to get our tiles cut.
After waiting for about 20 minutes, we finally get our tile cut, buy our supplies (mortar and grout), and head on our way home!
That, leading to the install, and now we have a backsplash!
And this was 300 words about a 40 minute process in total. What can I say? I'm a chatty Cathy when it comes to things getting done!




0 comments:
Post a Comment